This page was specially created to emphasize the uniqueness of our services, of advanced implantology as well as modern dental esthetic ones.
Implantology consultation or “specialty consultation” plays an essential part in dental implant treatment development. It represents an extremely important stage in which Implantodent specialists will examine key elements such as:
- General health status,
- Dental health status,
- Your wishes, needs and expectations from the treatment.
In order to diagnose disorders or existing disorders in teeth level we will be performing several important investigations, all in digital format (minimal radiation dose), such as:
- 2D – panoramic x-ray (Orthopantomography) or depending on the case lateral cephalometric (cephalometry x-ray),
- Dental x-ray (retroalveolar),
- 3D – dental tomography (CBCT – Cone beam computer tomography) in the appropriate size (5x5cm, 8x5cm, 8x8cm, 13x8cm, 13x15cm),
- Diagnosis photography,
- Study models – cast (classic) or computer (digital)
After correct diagnosis, we will develop the treatment plan. It will be always adapted to the clinical status but also to the patient’s needs, offering a main choice as well as alternate choices, without making any kind of compromise. Although treatment budget is extremely important it is well known that stomatology treatment prices can vary from one case to another, each having specific features, being conditioned mostly by the required or recommended dental material quality, as well as the specialist’s experience or involved procedure complexity…
Depending on existing disorders, our specialists will approach the clinical case interdisciplinary, to result in a perfect timing between different dental medicine specializations.
In this situation, we combine these types of implants with 2 special implants, zygomatic, inserted into the posterior part of the maxillary bone.
In “Special implantology techniques” chapter or “Advanced implantology”, Implantodent owns several national, even European, premieres. Our specialists possess a wide experience, for almost two decades, in dental implantology, successfully treating thousands of patients.
Dental implantology doesn’t necessary mean the implant itself: it means esthetics and prosthetics, may also mean orthodontics when teeth are misaligned, periodontology because we don’t insert implants in oral cavities with periodontal diseases (infection) and can often mean surgery, when maxillary bones have atrophied and regeneration/restoration is necessary. Regardless of the existing problem, at Implantodent you have the solution.
Therefore, be it of an implant, several implants or even special implants, such as zygomatic, pterigoyd or orthodontic, “Implantology Excellence Center” at Implantodent can be the place where you will find the appropriate solution, to ensure a healthy, esthetic and functional smile, on a long term basis.
The patient with no teeth left, whether he wears a mobile denture or not, seeks and wishes for a fixed denture. But often it is found that he maxillary bone has resorbed, atrophy reaching mostly severe stages. Certain advanced implantology techniques spare the patient from costly bone addition procedures and in addition offer an immediate denture on a reduced number of implants for a whole maxillary. These special techniques carry different names such as „TotalFix”, „Fast&Fixed” or „All-on-4” but after all they are the same thing, only names belonging to different manufacturers.
“TotalFix” was performed in national premiere by dr. Chemal Taner and his colleagues many years ago. It is addressed to the patient with no teeth in one or both maxillary bones or to the patient who has reached terminal teeth (existing teeth are irretrievable, being severely affected by complicated tooth decay or periodontal disease in advanced stage). In this situation, we will simultaneously insert 4 or 6 implants on each arch: 2 in inclined position, tangent to anatomic formations (sinuses, nerves) and 2 or 4 implants in between.
Regardless of the situation, we can offer patients the ideal solution: implants and fixed denture in only 24 hours, without needing costly and expensive additions and augmentations!
“TotalFix+”, performed for the first time in Romania, also at Implantodent, is addressed to the same category of patients, difference being a complication in superior maxillary level: excessively pneumatized sinuses which don’t allow a proper antero-posterior distribution of conventional implants.
In this situation, we combine these types of implants with 2 special implants, zygomatic, inserted into the posterior part of the maxillary bone.
„QuadZygoma” is a revolutionary technique, performed in premiere by Implantodent specialists in 2013. It is addressed to the patient with severe atrophy in superior maxillary level, with large and excessively pneumatized sinuses. Most often, this type of patient cannot wear a mobile prosthesis due to the fact that it is too heavy (it has been repeatedly filled and thickened as bone atrophy) and fixed prosthesis solutions are extremely limited: massive additions with autologous bone blocks collected extraoral, frequently from the iliac crest (hip) or tibia (foot).
This technique involves simultaneous insertion, under general anesthesia through nasotracheal intubation, of 4 special implants, zygomatic, and immediate anchoring of a fixed work to it. As their name implies, these implants won’t be anchored within the maxillary bone but will be inserted into the zygomatic bones, known as cheek bones. In more limited situations, when, from biological and mechanical grounds, a firmer anchorage is needed, we can simultaneously insert 6 zygomatic implants, technique called “SixZygoma”. Implantodent team, besides the national premiere, has been the third collective in the world to perform such an intervention.
Dental decay (odontology) is a frequent teeth disorder, for temporary (milk) as well as permanent teeth. The sooner it is treated, the less invasive the treatment will be, namely painless and fast. Implantodent actively promotes prophylactic conduct, performing prophylactic seals in young teeth: non-invasive, painless and with excellent result in time.
Untreated, dental decay will become complicated, first damaging the enamel, then dentine and finally the dental pulp (nerve). When infection is passed to the nerve pain can reach an unbearable level and this is the reason why it shouldn’t come to this. Nevertheless costs will be lower when treating small tooth decay, in an initial stage. If microbes from the tooth decay migrate to the pulp, it will become infected and gangrened. Gangrene can be simple, when localized in root level but when it is exceeded, complicated gangrene is mentioned, with infection passing from root to bone.
At Implantodent, tooth decay can be treated in the classic manner, with dental drills or modern, with hydrokinetic laser, so that no friction forces and heat exist translated by pain. Additionally, laser won’t produce fissure or fracture of the enamel as the dental drill does, preventing secondary tooth decay emergence, with suffering and cost increase.
Root canal treatments (endodontics) – represent an extremely important stage when wanting to preserve teeth for many years on the dental arch. Root canal treatment is necessary every time the dental pulp (containing nerves and blood vessels) is affected: tooth decay evolution, dental trauma, neighboring infections, etc. At Implantodent, even the most severe root canal disorders can be treated with laser through a special technique.
Root canal treatment purpose is to totally remove the organic content within the canal and to prepare a perfect shape for it to allow full obturation (filling), on the main path as well as secondary paths. All of this involves high finesse maneuvers, performed in our clinics with experienced specialists, under dental dam protection (so no microbe filled saliva enters the canal) and under special Carl Zeiss and Leica microscopes. Root canals are carefully instrumented and prepared with special rotation needles, with a high degree of flexibility and resistance, mounted on special engines. Obturation is performed through modern techniques and with quality materials, so that no empty spaces remain, in which anaerobic microbes can develop.
Superficial approach of endodontic issues will generated incomplete and incorrect root canal obturations which will lead to smaller infections (granulomas) or larger (cysts) at the peak of the teeth root. Therefore, the risk of losing the tooth is very high. Replacing the lost tooth will definitely generate physical and even psychological problems and most definitely financial. The cost for replacing a lost tooth with an implant is not to be neglected. This is why, we recommend our patients to choose a proper and well performed root canal treatment, even if it initially seems more expensive, so the tooth can be kept for many years!
Special implants have various applications:
- Orthodontic implants – are used provisionally, serving as an anchor for pulling various teeth which migrated from the correct position. Migrated teeth represent a problem for future implants. Implants are inserted totally painless and precise thanks to the 3D navigation at the clinic disposal.
- Short implants – represent a viable alternative of vertical addition, especially in the mandible posterior regions, where advanced resorption and inferior alveolar nerve presence often make it impossible to dimensionally insert conventional implants in lack of bone addition treatments.
- Zygomatic implants – dimensionally atypical implants inserted into the zygomatic bones (of cheeks) when maxillary atrophy is advances, sever or dramatic, representing “last resort” implants which spare patients from massive bone additions and augmentations.
At Implantodent, thanks to the passion for stomatology and respect towards the patient, over 30% of annual profit is reinvested in technology and approximately 10-15% in quality medical education. Therefore, inside our clinics you will always find the most advanced dental technology: various types of dental lasers, CAD/CAM office and laboratory technology, dental tomography, surgical microscopes and magnifying systems, piezotomes and many, many more devices intended to increase accuracy and working speed, proportionally with risk diminishing, for the doctor and especially for the patient.
Laser technology enables extremely precise treatments, totally painless but fast. Whether we will be cleaning a dental cavity, sterilize periodontal pocket or section bone non traumatic and with minimal bleeding for various procedures, laser devices from our clinic equipment will assist us towards the full satisfaction of our patients.
Laser benefits in stomatology are multiple yet all are based on the “minimally invasive” principle, remembering:
- Tooth decay treatment: precise removal of decayed tissue, which allows healthy dental structure preservation and maintaining a healthy denture for a long time. Using the combined action of light and water called “Hydrokinetics TM” for sectioning dental tissue and selectively removing decayed tissue, without overheating the tooth and therefore WITHOUT PAIN. Unlike conventional drilling, this instrument won’t touch tissues at any time! Compared with the dental drill, a lot of problems due to enamel and dentine drilling at high speeds will be avoided, such as fissures and microfractures caused by dental drill generated vibrations, fissures that weaken the tooth structure and favor bacterial re-infiltration causing future issues, most common being dental sensitivity and secondary tooth decay. Additionally, besides cleaning the cavity with the dental drill, strictly mechanic, in case of Waterlase, when cavity cleaning is finished, the tooth cavity is sterilized, a perfect situation for applying fillings or dental encrusting, because Waterlase, while cutting, it sterilizes up to a 0.4 mm depth. Microexplosions generated by water and laser energy create retention microcavities for the filling, so that it will have a much improved adherence and will last longer in time on a wet environment and often acid within the oral cavity.
- In soft tissue surgical treatments (gums, mucosa, growths, etc.): efficient, quick and precise procedures of sectioning, with minimal or no bleeding, offering the dentist a highly technological instrument, by means of which he can perform maneuvers that until now required a specialist referring. These can be performed with less or without local anesthesia during a regular scheduling.
- In hard tissue surgical treatments (bone): obtaining fast and precise osteotomies, without bone necrosis by overheating. Therefore, healing will be quick and with an increasingly small discomfort compared with classic performed osteotomies, with drills or bone saws made of steel. Additionally, reduced bleeding from the surgical wound laser assisted brings major benefits to the surgeon’s work, especially due to improved visibility. Cleaning bone infections, postextractional bone processing, during bone addition procedures, sinus osteotomies from sinus lifting procedures are some of the procedures where, at Implantodent, we take advantage of the surgical laser benefits.
- Periodontal disease treatment: without incision and sutures, completely removing with laser pathologic tissues from periodontal pockets, without the need for intricate but invasive procedures from classic periodontal surgery. Laser removes selectively diseased tissues without damaging healthy tissues. Healing is fast and allows the gingival tissue to reattach to the tooth, without the risk of major retractions that accompany classic periodontal surgery. From the same treatment, peri-implant technology can also benefit, when infection comprises the dental implant causing mucositis and peri-implantitis.
- In root canal treatments: cleaning canal tissues, practically vaporizing, whether we are referring to “nerve” or infection , takes place by fast removal, concurrent with canal sterilization. Therefore, numerous teeth with chronic infections rebel to classic treatments can be saved thanks to using laser energy, in a single or few treatment sessions.
So here is how dental laser can be used for a multitude of stomatology interventions: soft tissue and gum surgery, root canal treatment, desensitizing, bone recontouring, etc. Main advantage for the patient is bio-stimulation which favors and increases post-therapy healing potential.
Pain therapy, soft tissue and soft tissue tumors excision, vaporing root canal content are routine procedures, carried out with performance lasers from our equipments.